Saturday, November 8, 2008

Trying Twice

Do to my new surge of time spent in front of the computer and my newfound obsession with the Internet 2.0, I'm going to take another stab at blogging. My old blog sucked anyway, you'd rather not read it. This one is going to be awesome. I'm not sure what I'll speak about mainly in this blog, or even why I'd really want to have a blog, but all the really cool people I know have blogs, so I might as well give it a shot. Again. Right now I'm writing a paper for my Comparative Literature class (yes I'm working hard Cait). We were supposed to write a one page single spaced paper about a theme from one of the books we read. Now I almost took the easy path and wrote about one of the major works we read: Antigone, Beowulf and Confession of Augustine. But then I thought to myself, that's what everyone else is doing. And there is nothing I like better than being original when it requires little to no effort. So I'm writing my paper on the Anglo-Saxon poem "The Ruin." That's where the name for my blog comes from.

The earth’s grasp holds the builders, rotten, forgotten, the hard grip of the ground, until a hundred generations of men are gone.

I'm not really sure what that means, but I like the way it sounds, and hopefully I'll be able to sound like I know what it means. That's what life is about right?

No comments: